[chirp_users] CHRIP and Icom ID-51A Plus - Out of sync with radio

Noah B
Mon May 8 13:00:19 PDT 2017

Hi there,

I've been trying to connect to my Icom ID-51A Plus with CHIRP and I'm
getting this message in Windows 7, MacOS, and Linux:

"An error has occurred
Failed to communicate with the radio: Out of sync with radio"

I'm using a Valley Enterprises Icom OPC-2218LU USB FTDI Chipset cable
which works under Windows 7 with the Icom CS51-PLUS software that came
with the radio. I've tried connectin in clone mode and not in clone
mode, and I'm using CHIRP version daily-20170501.

After some poking around on the website, mailing list, and issue
tracker, I'm not certain if CHIRP is supposed to be working with this
radio.

Any suggestions? I'm really hoping that I can get CHIRP working so I can
avoid using the Icom software...

Thanks!
Noah