[chirp_users] MacOS daily-20170501 repeatable crash

Steve Sergeant
Tue May 2 00:08:15 PDT 2017

I just installed chirp-daily-20170501.app to try. I am attempting to
copy setups from one Leixen VV-898E radio into several others.

However, a fraction of a second after the screen fills with the data
from the radio, Chirp unexpectedly quits, and I'm given the opportunity
to send a report to Apple.

My system is:

Macbook Air 11" (MacBookAir6,1)
MacOS X 10.11.6 (15G1421)
4GB RAM

The last line in .chirp/debug.log reads:
/Users/username/Applications/chirp-daily-20170501.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/chirp/chirpw:143:
PangoWarning: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
  gtk.main()

I'm using the osx-pl2303-installer.pkg for my serial driver. This is
currently the only radio for which I have a programming cable.

Ideas?