[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5RTP

Tycen Stafford
Thu Mar 16 14:15:19 PDT 2017

Thanks Jim, that explains it.  I'll play around with the uv5r.py driver
file.  I also have a UV-82 and I just got a UV-5R5 today (also reporting
firmware HN5RV01) so I'll give it some thought and see which route works
best.  If the only negative consequence of using the default driver file
(and selecting UV-5R as my radio type) is not being able to program the
transmit levels in CHIRP then I think I won't worry about it for the time
being.

Appreciate the help - and CHIRP in general!

-Tycen