[chirp_users] Duplex "off" option

Drew Einhorn
Fri Mar 10 12:38:00 PST 2017

I hadn't thought about mode.

A partial solution ignoring mode would be useful to prevent accidental tx
on weather radio channels, etc.

A well designed wiki like interface would enable the hard details to be
crowd sourced.

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, either. And it still may be more
difficult than I realize. But maybe it should be added to the official list
of things to consider someday in the future.

I agree on the override

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017, 1:06 PM Tom Hayward <tom at tomh.us> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Drew Einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Feature request.
>
> Add a global setting for license type. And, set duplex to off for
frequencies outside the bands allowed to TX by the license. I know it's not
quite as simple as it seems because of international differences. So, you
would probably need to add a country setting, too.

This gets especially complicated in the US where, for most amateur
bands, certain modes are only allowed on certain frequencies.

Personally, I use Chirp to program a number of Part 90 radios in
Chirp. Teaching Chirp about all the licenses and FUAs for each agency
I work with sounds like more trouble than it's worth. There would need
be an override.

Tom KD7LXL
To unsubscribe, send an email to
chirp_users-unsubscribe at intrepid.danplanet.com