[chirp_users] Duplex "off" option

Tom Hayward
Fri Mar 10 12:06:13 PST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Drew Einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Feature request.
>
> Add a global setting for license type. And, set duplex to off for frequencies outside the bands allowed to TX by the license. I know it's not quite as simple as it seems because of international differences. So, you would probably need to add a country setting, too.

This gets especially complicated in the US where, for most amateur
bands, certain modes are only allowed on certain frequencies.

Personally, I use Chirp to program a number of Part 90 radios in
Chirp. Teaching Chirp about all the licenses and FUAs for each agency
I work with sounds like more trouble than it's worth. There would need
be an override.

Tom KD7LXL