[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 102, Issue 11

N7TZK
Thu Jun 15 15:03:29 PDT 2017

On 6/15/2017 1:00 PM, chirp_users-request at intrepid.danplanet.com wrote:
> Jim,
> Yes, I had that in the beginning and I have chaged the user name to a name without "?".? So my username is Torbjorn, my PC name is Torbjorn so that should be OK.??

Renaming a user account may not be enough.  I'm not sure about Windows
10, but in earlier versions, Windows kept the same user profile... in
other words... "under the hood", the directory name associated with that
user will still reflect the original username.  So make sure you create
a NEW user account if you haven't already.  You can test CHIRP with the
new user account to see if it fixes the problem.  If it does... then you
can deal with copying your user data from your original user account (if
desired).

Dave