[chirp_users] Error Insatalling Chirp in Windows 10

Torbjørn Darre
Thu Jun 15 07:36:15 PDT 2017

Jim,
Yes, I had that in the beginning and I have chaged the user name to a name without "ø".  So my username is Torbjorn, my PC name is Torbjorn so that should be OK.

regards
Torbjorn - LA8TP

Torsdag 15. Juni 2017 15:14 CEST skrev Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com>:
 On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Torbjørn Darre <torbjorn.darre at lyse.net> wrote:
> Hei,
>
> I have an error insatalling Chirp in Windows 10. Can you please help me.
> When I insall the latest version it does not want to open the program.
>
> I have a new desk top PC, with 64 bit system, normal screen and Windows 10
> operating system.
> I have enclosed the Debug Log to describe what happend. Is anybody abl to
> read the debug file? I am a novice PC user and is requesting help what to do
> next. Is anybody able to help me please?
>
> --
> hilsen
> Torbjorn

If you Windows user has a special character (like the "ø" in
Torbjørn), then create another Windows user that does not have any
special characters in the name. Install and use CHIRP when logged in
as that user to see if that makes a difference.

hilsen
Torbjørn