[chirp_users] YOUR SOFTWARE IS JUNK //////////???????????????

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Sun Jul 30 14:22:12 PDT 2017

Mike,

Let's start helping you.

Tell us:

   1. What operating system and version you are using.  CHIRP works on all
   platforms.  I'm using Linux but it works on Mac and Windows as well.
   2. Tell us what radio you are trying to program?  If it's more then one,
   pick one so we can get that working first, the others will follow.
   3. Tell us what kind of cable you are using.  There are some problems
   with counterfeit cables - it's not a CHIRP problem but there are Chinese
   made adapters that use fake chips using the Prolific chip.  The FTDI chip
   based cables work fine. See http://chirp.danplanet.com
   /projects/chirp/wiki/CableGuide
   <http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/CableGuide>  There is
   also a work-around for the automatic driver update that Windows does that
   will allow your counterfeit cable to work by rolling back the driver.

Let's start there and see if we can add you to the happy CHIRP user base.

Best wishes,

David N1EA