[chirp_users] Lat + Long => WW Locator

Bruce Harper
Thu Jul 6 12:25:45 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Nigel wrote:

In which country. I've never seen UTM before.

> > On 06 July 2017 at 13:25 "Kenneth L. Bechtel, II" <
> kbechtel at teamanti-virus.org> wrote:
> >

> > Just to put it out there, many services, such as Search and Rescue use
> UTM,

​Universal Transverse Mercator, which divides the entire earth into a grid.
However, at least in parts of the United States, many SAR groups are
shifting to using the United States National Grid (USNG) system, which is
what the Federal Emergency Management Agency uses.

Bruce in Blacksburg

---

Bruce B. Harper

2nd Lt. Recruitment and Retention

Search Team Leader/Public Information Officer

Southwest Virginia Mountain Rescue Group

http://swvamrg.blacksburgrescue.org/