[chirp_users] PL tone 146.3 not available to use

Jim Unroe
Sat Jul 1 07:14:51 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Kyle Colyer <colyer.kyle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok I can receive just fine with the 146.2 tone and when I transmit it hits
> the repeater and sounds like voice should be coming but nothing is being
> said. Then when you let off the key it make sound like you hit the repeater
> just no voice. It must be another setting in the btech that is not right.
> Other frequency and channels work fine just not this one ??
>
> Any ideas

You cannot monitor your transmissions through a repeater with a close
by receiver. The off-frequency signal from your transmitter renders
the monitor receiver deaf during the time it is transmitting. There
was a sound "like you hit the repeater" because it is working.

Jim