[chirp_users] searching old messages

Jason Stevens
Thu Jan 26 18:11:32 PST 2017

Hi all, I am new to the radio stuff.   I would like to search the
messages for an answer.   I Bought a Baofeng GT-3TP for my own personal
radio to use on a licensed frequency that I use for volunteer work.  I
am trying to program it with chirp latest nightly on Debian Linux using
the BF-F8HP like it says in the wiki but no luck, I get a radio didn't
respond error with a Prolific cable and an incorrect Model selected
error with a ftdi cable.  Is there any suggestions to fix this?  It does
work using the UV-5R driver but then I only have 2 power modes.  My
friend bough the same Gt-3TP radio and had a UV-5R previously and he is
having the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jason