[chirp_users] Chirp and Baofeng radios

Glenn
Sun Jan 22 09:57:29 PST 2017

I just bought two more UV-5R radios and they were quite inexpensive, like 27 dollars each.
How does one know if they have the latest firmware?
I am a Blind user, so looking at the display will not help.
Thanks.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Don Goodrich
  To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
  Cc: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:50 AM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Chirp and Baofeng radios

  I have programmed many radios with an image for our local radio club/group, different firmware revisions, different models and suppliers using the same import image.  For each upload, have needed to download from the target radio 1st to obtain the radio metadata (firmware revision, model info etc), then overlay channel data with the Chirp csv file imported from my master program image, then uploading the result.  Works everytime for me.  Just be sure to properly select model and type of radio when downloading.

  Don Goodrich
  don.goodrich at Cheerful.com
  AF7DG