[chirp_users] Chirp incorrectly defaults to Narrow band on 220 mhz amateur band.

John Wilkerson
Mon Feb 6 11:51:35 PST 2017

> On 2/6/2017 14:33, Dan Smith wrote:
>>> 1.25 M (220 Mhz) Amateur band incorrectly defaults to Narrow band. All
>>> amateur frequencies are Wide band. Please correct.
>> First off, "all amateur frequencies are wideband" is demonstrably false.
>>

>> I just opened a new chirp page and put in 221.5MHz and it defaulted to
>> FM, which is 5kHz deviation, and what public safety types would call
>> "wideband".

Your test frequency of 221.500 DOES default to "FM" in Chirp...

Try a different frequency, like 223.650.  you'll see what I mean.
Defaults to NFM, (incorrectly) and adds (correctly) a repeater split.