[chirp_users] Chirp incorrectly defaults to Narrow band on 220 mhz amateur band.

John Wilkerson
Mon Feb 6 11:42:31 PST 2017

On 2/6/2017 14:33, Dan Smith wrote:
>> 1.25 M (220 Mhz) Amateur band incorrectly defaults to Narrow band. All
>> amateur frequencies are Wide band. Please correct.
> First off, "all amateur frequencies are wideband" is demonstrably false.
>
> Second, what chirp calls WFM is 100kHz broadcast FM, like what is
> available in your car or on several models with 88-106MHz broadcast
> receivers.
>
> I just opened a new chirp page and put in 221.5MHz and it defaulted to
> FM, which is 5kHz deviation, and what public safety types would call
> "wideband".
>
> See here for more details:
>
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns#Mode
>
> Are you seeing it default to something other than 'FM' for 220?

Yes... Every 220 capable radio I've programmed defaults to NFM... Not
"FM" the Baofeng UV-82X and the UV-5X3, as well as the Wouxun KG-UVD1p
(220 version)

The US amateur band is 222-225 Mhz..