[chirp_users] Baofeng Radio Help

Jim Unroe
Sat Feb 4 11:57:32 PST 2017

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Donie Allen via chirp_users
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> I have used CHIRP to program Baofeng UV5R with my local First Responder
> frequencies. However, I still cannot pick them up. Does anyone have any
> advice on what I am doing wrong or suggestions for me to try?

Hi Donie,

Attach your image or at least describe how you've programmed the channel(s).

But some quick advice would be to start out with Tone Mode set to
(None). No tone for receive always works. Then once you can hear, you
can move forward from there.