[chirp_users] help importing file

Jeff Widen
Thu Feb 2 00:55:20 PST 2017

I have tried changing the column headers to match those in the stock files. When I do it seems to recognize the file but it then says no channels found. If I change the location column back to channel it does not recognize the file. Why can't find any channels? Does the order of the column matter?
Here are the column headers:
Location	Frequency	    Offset	Duplex	Mode	Name	Show Name	Tone Mode  	Tone	  DCS	Tx Power	    Skip	   Step
Thanks for the help,
Jeff
On Wed, 2/1/17, Benton <benton at siletzbay.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [chirp_users] help importing file
 To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
 Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 7:28 PM

 On 2017-02-01 09:31, Tom
 Hayward wrote:

 > If you
 share the file, I can point out why it's unrecognized.
 It most
 > likely does not have the column
 header/labels Chirp is looking for, or

 the data in those columns is of the wrong format.

 'Back in the day' I
 thought one of the issues with using Excel to
 process csv file and Chirp was that Excel
 tended to truncate trailing
 commas for
 empty fields whereas Chirp was a stickler for those being in

 place to make the columns line up
 correctly.

 Am I
 misremembering or have either of those issues been
 improved?

 Benton 1feb17
 --
 KF7QLP