[chirp_users] CHIRP and Mac High Sierra

T.E. Klamberg Klamberg
Sat Dec 30 20:00:51 PST 2017

Thanks for adding me to the mailing list.

I have two Yaesu radios, FT-60 dual bander and FT-2900 2m mobile. I would  like to use programming software to set up both radios.  It seems that my biggest problem is I have a Mac laptop and not a PC.

RT Systems carries a great amount of radios that they have the software for, but it is all Windows driven and apparently work arounds for Mac are a lot of trouble. So much for RT Systems.

I have heard from members of my ARC that CHIRP is really the only way to go, until I tell them I have a Mac. Many told me, “Good luck! You’re on your own”. It is strange that Mac users, with ham radio, are left out in the cold.

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. I have macOS High Sierra, Ver 10.13.2. From what I have seen on the CHIRP website, High Sierra has not been interfaced with CHIRP, yet.

Before I spend money on programming cables for either of my radios, I need to know if my OS will be compatible with CHIRP and, not being a software geek on Apple products, how much pain may I encounter with loading CHIRP and successfully using a CSV file to program frequencies into either of my Yaesu rigs.

I appreciate any insight or help you may be able to provide me. Thank you.

Tip Klamberg
N9MVX
Mascoutah, IL 62258