[chirp_users] chirp download problem

iain macdonnell - N6ML
Tue Dec 26 12:26:08 PST 2017

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 11:00 AM, CN85rq <chirp-info at aberle.net> wrote:
> I have a script which I use to keep fldigi updated.  It works by making
> a temporary copy the download page URL, using grep to extract the name
> of the latest tar.gz file, and then downloading and installing that file.
>
> However, wget now fails ... complaining about an expired certificate
> (see output below).  Can an updated certificate be installed on the web
> server?

Looks like it's using a free cert from "Let's Encrypt", and may not be
setup quite right (it doesn't appear to be supplying the intermediate
CA cert). If you're not worried about security (e.g. someone trying to
pretend to be danplanet.com and offer you a trojan horse), you could
add "--no-check-certificate" to your wget command to work around
this...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML