[chirp_users] Retevis RT82

Tom Hayward
Tue Aug 29 13:03:39 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Chuck Hast <kp4djt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sure wish I knew more about what needs to be done, with the
> MD-380's being sold in dumpsters (sure seems like it) and the RT82
> being all over the place too, both of them use the same programming.
> sure would be nice not to have to run the programming software in
> windows to then go to linux to us md380 tools to load and work with
> the radios. If Chirp could create the files it would be great.
>
> I guess the question is who do we send a radio to that can take
> a whack at it?

Chuck,

If you'd like to pick up development, I would start here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3755
http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_devel/2016-September/004240.html

The major item required to support DMR radios is adding a talkgroup
editor to the GUI. Once Chirp has a generic way to edit all the data
required to program a DMR radio, adding individual radios becomes much
simpler.

Tom KD7LXL