[chirp_users] Retevis RT82

Silverfox
Tue Aug 29 12:41:17 PDT 2017

You can easily download codeplugs for DMR radios.  There is no need for Chirp and you generally do not need to pay for the software.  The code plugs include software to load or read the radio.  If you have used any of these, you would note that they are extremely complex in their configurations.  I am not sure the RT82 is well supported but the MD-380/390 have lots of support.

73,

Alan – W6ARH

From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Hast
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:15 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Retevis RT82

I sure wish I knew more about what needs to be done, with the

MD-380's being sold in dumpsters (sure seems like it) and the RT82

being all over the place too, both of them use the same programming.

sure would be nice not to have to run the programming software in

windows to then go to linux to us md380 tools to load and work with

the radios. If Chirp could create the files it would be great.

I guess the question is who do we send a radio to that can take

a whack at it?