[chirp_users] Baorfeng transmit block while on reverse frequency

Jim Unroe
Tue Aug 15 14:31:49 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Eric H <camopainter at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The firmware message 1 is HNR5RV01
> Message 2 is 1FB297
> If I go to a ham repeater and hit the star to reverse frequency it will allow me to change to any channel and transmit and the R stays at the top of the screen.

Unfortunately the HN5RV01... firmware has been the worst firmware
release I have seen from Baofeng since the UV-5R was originally
brought to market in late 2011/early 2012. I think I have a radio
around here somewhere with that firmware version. I may give it a try.
In any case, that is the way the hardware works and there is nothing
CHIRP can do to overcome it.

Jim