[chirp_users] Baorfeng transmit block while on reverse frequency

Jim Unroe
Tue Aug 15 14:08:26 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Eric H <camopainter at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I program a lot of Boafeng uv-5r radios and have found an issue. I have a few channels I'd like to talk on and others I do not. If the reverse frequency function is turned on when on a channel you can transmit on, it will allow you to transmit on any channel in the radio. Is there a way to stop this from happening?  You cannot access the reverse frequency option unless on a channel you can transmit on.

If what you claim it true, it is a bug in the radio's firmware and
there is nothing that CHIRP can to to get around it. But I have tried
what you describe on 3 different radios (UV-5R, UV-82, UV-82HP) and
after moving to a TX blocked channel after enabling "reverse" mode on
a non-TX blocked channel, the TX blocked channel does not transmit.

Can you provide the "real" firmware version (using CHIRP) of a radio
that behaves as you describe?

Jim