[chirp_users] kenwood/baofeng programming

Jim Unroe
Mon Apr 3 15:32:04 PDT 2017

Jim,

That looks better.

Are you doing the math to come up with the offset and shift direction?
If yes, here is a tip that might speed things up for you.

Since you are getting the TX frequency directly from the Kenwood
software, you can enter that frequency directly into CHIRP. Just set
Duplex = "split" and enter the TX frequency into the Offset column.
The you can click the [Refresh] button and CHIRP will to the math and
set the Duplex and Offset values for you.

Also you can set common setting for multiple memories at the same
time. For example if you forgot so switch several memories to NFM, you
can click, shift-click, ctrl-click as needed to highlight a few memory
rows. Then click the [Properties] button. Then tick the box to the
left of Mode and then set it to NFM and click OK. All highlighted
memories will be switched at the same time.

Jim