[chirp_users] Fwd: baofeng 82c

Jim Unroe
Sun Apr 2 16:53:22 PDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Jim McIver <jmciver at lmtribune.com> wrote:
> Dang, thought I had it figured out. Search and Rescue in my area doesn't use
> any ham frequencies, just frequencies between 136-174mhz. I have 128
> channels in my kenwood tk-2170 that includes a 5 county area. I'm probably
> looking at months to figure it out. The kenwood shows None in the QT/DQT
> Dec, so I don't know if I should leave the Tone to the default of 88.5.
> Tedious typing as I only have 17 of the 128 keyed so far and looks like I'll
> have to change some when I figure what might work.
> thx,
> -jm

Jim,

Like I explained earlier, when Tone Mode is set to "(None)", it
doesn't matter what the rest of the selective squelch columns are set
to because they are all ignored. If you would enable "Hide Unused
Fields" (which is the CHIRP default), then when Tone Mode is set to
"(None)", none of the default values would show because all of the
fields from Tone to Cross Mode would be blank.