[chirp_users] Baofeng GT-5TP

Jim Unroe
Fri Sep 23 13:40:08 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Todd Bloomingdale
<tbloomingdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've read on a few amazon reviews that the Baofeng GT-5TP can be programmed
> using chirp using the UV-82HP setting. I can not get the radio to work with
> any of the Baofeng radio drop downs. I did download the actual Baofeng
> software and that works, and also works fine with my Anytone so it isn't a
> cord issue. Any thoughts on how to get chirp to communicate with the radio?
> The GT-5TP has version N82303 using the holding 3 button and turning on the
> radio.
>
> Todd Bloomingdale-KC9LOX
>
> Tomah, WI

Todd,

This is most likely a cable problem. I'll bet you get the "radio does
not respond" error. Try downloading with the cable not plugged into
the radio and you will get the same error. The 2-pin plug is not fully
inserted into the socket.

The GT-3 and GT-5 cases have a ridge around the top of the speaker/mic
socket well that interferes with the angled plug and keeps it from
being fully inserted. See the section regarding the GT-3 on this page:
http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php#error1

Hopefully this will solve  your issue.