[chirp_users] Unable to read/write Wouxon KG-UV8D

Jim Unroe
Wed Oct 26 14:03:54 PDT 2016

> RadioError: Failed to communicate with radio: ord() expected a
> character, but string of length 0 found

This says nothing was returned. Like I mentioned above, either the
2-pin plug is not making a good connection with the radio or the radio
is not recognizing the command to begin cloning. CHIRP can't work with
either condition. If it is the latter, you will have to capture
working factory programming software to find out what the radio is
looking for to begin cloning.