[chirp_users] Unable to read/write Wouxon KG-UV8D

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Mon Oct 24 17:22:25 PDT 2016

Phil,

I have a Wouxun KG-uV8E which isn't supported by CHIRP (yet?) and I had a
terrible time with the Wouxun software until I figured out that there was a
new version (1.03) of the software that worked.  The official Wouxun web
site only has version 1.00 which does NOT work at all.

Here is where I found updated software:

http://www.mtcradio.com/downloads/

They also have software there to open it up on non-amateur frequencies such
as CAP and MARS.  The KG-UV8E does narrow band F3 transmit and receive.

73

David N1EA