[chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

Toby Nivens
Tue Oct 18 08:59:25 PDT 2016

I had the same error message while trying to program the Btech UV-5001. Once I put the radio in VFO mode, I turned it off and back on again. I was able to read and program the radio. I have no idea why this worked, but it did. Good luck.

      From: Jeff Hughes <jeffreyhughes at earthlink.net>
 To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
 Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:59 AM
 Subject: [chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

Trying to download radio image fails with the following error:

“An error has occurred

Error reading data from radio:  not the amount of data we want”

Radio is a BTECH UV-5X3.  Using latest Chirp build (downloaded this morning).  Running on Mac, 10.10.5 (Yosemite).  Python runtime is installed.  I don’t see anything relevant in the FAQ or in recent threads on the list.  I tried resetting the radio to its defaults - no change, same error.

Any ideas?

Jeff