[chirp_users] "Error Reading Data from Radio..."

Jeff Hughes
Tue Oct 18 07:59:14 PDT 2016

Trying to download radio image fails with the following error:

“An error has occurred

Error reading data from radio:  not the amount of data we want”

Radio is a BTECH UV-5X3.  Using latest Chirp build (downloaded this morning).  Running on Mac, 10.10.5 (Yosemite).  Python runtime is installed.  I don’t see anything relevant in the FAQ or in recent threads on the list.  I tried resetting the radio to its defaults - no change, same error.

Any ideas?

Jeff