[chirp_users] Zastone MP-300

Jim Unroe
Wed Nov 30 08:57:02 PST 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Eric Chopin <echopin27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just bought one of these units (Zastone MP300) and tried to program it with
> CHIRP without success. When I attempt to download from the radio I get a
> message 'Receiver did not respond' or sometimes using one of the other
> suggested radio models from the dropdown menu it say's: 'Radio did not go
> into clone mode'
>
> These responses are from various versions of CHIRP....older or latest
>
> I am using Windows XP PRO.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Eric
> VE7ECJ

The Vendor/Model is QYT/KT8900 which Zastone MP-300 is an alias of.

Looking at the driver I would expect that error is an indication that
there is no communication between the radio and the computer. That
must be resolved because no programming software will work unless
there is a complete and working connection between the radio and
computer.

The majority of the time the above is caused due to the installed
device driver is incompatible with the USB-to-TTL chip in the
programming cable. Do you have a programming cable with a Prolific
chip? Probably yes if the cable was furnished with the radio or you
paid less than $20 for it. In that case you should make sure that the
Prolific v2.0.2.1 device driver is installed.