[chirp_users] HT Recommendations

Kent Eichstaedt
Tue Nov 29 18:58:34 PST 2016

I can vouch for the Baofeng UV-82HP. I also recently got my license and
spent a good deal of time checking out HT's.  The price plus features and
quality made the BF my choice.  I also got the programing cable, a battery
case for standard AA batteries and a battery eliminator that plugs into a
cigarette lighter.  I would suggest buying from Baofeng Tech (Amazon)
because they will handle any problems here in the USA. It was easy to
program with CHIRP on the first try.  I haven't tested it for range yet as
I live 1.5 miles from a tower with several repeaters (K9PC & N9IAA).

Kent  K9AEE