[chirp_users] HT Recommendations

Glenn
Tue Nov 29 18:36:05 PST 2016

There's a new one from Baofeng, based on the UV 5R
I just got this one:
Baofeng BF-F9 V2+ 8-Watt Hi-Power  Dual-Band 136-174/400-520 MHz Hand Held
Ham Radio Two-Way Transceiver - With Battery, Earpiece, Antenna & Charger
(Black)  Baofen
 at the same price as the 8.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brent Wells" <n4bdw73 at gmail.com>
To: "Dave Hartman" <ac2gl at aol.com>; "Discussion of CHIRP"
<chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] HT Recommendations

Dave, I completely agree with a Baofeng for a starter radio, my my
recommendation is that although the 5R is only $25 (give or take)....I would
ahead and pay $63 and get the much stronger 8 watt F8HP so that if he wants
to stick with the 'starter' radio for a while, he'll at least have a better
chance of hitting repeaters.

Brent (N4BDW)
Sent from my iPhone