[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Glenn
Mon Nov 21 16:51:43 PST 2016

Also, a right-click, or applications key on the file will give you
"open with"
and that gives you program options, and if you have to browse to Chirp, it
will only need to be done once, because it will be in the "open with" list
next time.
HTH.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Unroe" <rock.unroe at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of CHIRP" <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2016 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Kent,

> problems.  One tip: CHIRP prompts you to save your setup. When I went to
> the
> saved file (an .img file) and clicked on it, it said "the file is
> corrupted".  After a couple of frustrating hours I tried opening the saved
> file by clicking on 'file', 'open' in the CHIRP program, and the saved
> image
> file opened OK.

By default Windows associates the ".img" extension with CD burning
software. So when you double-click a saved CHIRP Radio Images (*.img)
file, Window tries to load it into that CD burning software (for which
that software the file being loaded is truly corrupt). You either have
to load it from within CHIRP (like you did) or change the association
of the ".img" extension to CHIRP so you can double-click on it to load
it into CHIRP by default (but then you won't be able to double-click
on CD "image" files) to automatically load then into the CD burning
software.