[chirp_users] Baofeng 888s cable issue

Jim Unroe
Mon Nov 21 07:23:15 PST 2016

Kent,

> problems.  One tip: CHIRP prompts you to save your setup. When I went to the
> saved file (an .img file) and clicked on it, it said "the file is
> corrupted".  After a couple of frustrating hours I tried opening the saved
> file by clicking on 'file', 'open' in the CHIRP program, and the saved image
> file opened OK.

By default Windows associates the ".img" extension with CD burning
software. So when you double-click a saved CHIRP Radio Images (*.img)
file, Window tries to load it into that CD burning software (for which
that software the file being loaded is truly corrupt). You either have
to load it from within CHIRP (like you did) or change the association
of the ".img" extension to CHIRP so you can double-click on it to load
it into CHIRP by default (but then you won't be able to double-click
on CD "image" files) to automatically load then into the CD burning
software.