[chirp_users] Hello and Confusion

Jeff Butler
Sun Nov 20 14:36:39 PST 2016

Hi Jim:
I have all the radios with me.  They were all bought together just weeks
ago.  I will try backdating my USB driver to the one recommended and then
give it a try.  I have only tried CHIRPS daily at this time but might try
the BAOfeng software to see if it makes a difference.

Cheers
Jeff
VE3JBX

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Jim Unroe
Sent: November-20-16 3:32 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Hello and Confusion

Hi Jeff,

> Just landed at Chirp. Using it for programming the Baofend BF888s.  We use
> about 30 of them at a sporting event.   I was intending to make some
> programming changes but find that some of the radios will enter
> programming mode and some will not.  Wondering if you have heard of this
before?

Yes. I have heard of this before. This won't be easy to resolve unless the
owners of one of these radios that won't enter programming mode would help
to determine what is different about them. So far there hasn't been much
assistance in that regard. The only other way would be to get one of these
radios into the hands of a developer so the issue can be studied directly.

Do all of the radios program OK with the same Baofeng software?
If they require a different software, which software?