[chirp_users] Hello and Confusion

Jim Unroe
Sun Nov 20 12:32:08 PST 2016

Hi Jeff,

> Just landed at Chirp. Using it for programming the Baofend BF888s.  We use
> about 30 of them at a sporting event.   I was intending to make some
> programming changes but find that some of the radios will enter programming
> mode and some will not.  Wondering if you have heard of this before?

Yes. I have heard of this before. This won't be easy to resolve unless
the owners of one of these radios that won't enter programming mode
would help to determine what is different about them. So far there
hasn't been much assistance in that regard. The only other way would
be to get one of these radios into the hands of a developer so the
issue can be studied directly.

Do all of the radios program OK with the same Baofeng software?
If they require a different software, which software?