[chirp_users] programming Yaesu FT2D

John Rice
Sun Nov 13 21:29:40 PST 2016

People,

If you look at the HRO FT2 page
http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-013899

You will find this:

*_Supplied Accessories:
_*
SAD-14B charger
YHA-72 antenna
SBR-14Li battery
USB cable - for data transfer only, programming cable is optional
Belt clip, and manual

Carefully note the USB cable supplied in the box and note that it's a DATA
cable, not a programming cable.

This whole thread is based on a mistaken assumption that the cable is a
programming cable.

IT's NOT...

John - K9IJ

On 11/13/2016 10:04 PM, Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF wrote:
> I believe RT software checks for a genuine RT cable and doesn't work with other cables.
>

>> On 13 November 2016 at 22:19 Bob Boehme <w2iri at cox.net> wrote:
>>

>> I have a FT1D and had similar problem. Cable would not work with RT systems
>> software.. had to use a micro sd card with RT program. Put card in radio
>> after programming and then uploaded the program from sd card to radio..
>> worked well

John Rice  K9IJ
johnr at k9ij.net
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor