[chirp_users] programming Yaesu FT2D

David Widmayer
Sun Nov 13 14:33:07 PST 2016

I am using Ubuntu 14.10.  The last time i used, the cable and my Baofeng
radio were working just fine with my Linux box.  In the meantime I have
had many Linux updates. Well, now when I use Chirp my radio does not
stop transmitting and I receive a Chirp message that the radio is not
available.  I did a counter check with another (Windows XP) machine, and
determined that all components were working fine.  So, the problem seems
to be in Linux somewhere. Permissions were not (unknowingly) altered,
ttyusb port is available.  what driver version should I be using?  Maybe
it got damaged during one of these many updattes.

Am 13.11.2016 um 22:37 schrieb Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF:
>     Linux failed or operator error?
>
>> On 13 November 2016 at 15:58 Jim Unroe <rock.unroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Nigel A. Gunn  G8IFF/W8IFF
>> <nigel at ngunn.net> wrote:
>>> Try not using Windows. No driver problems with Linux.
>> You must not have read the original post. It goes into much detail
>> about how the attempt to use Ubuntu Linux failed.
>>
>> Jim KC9HI

Technology will not save us.  We have to change the way we live.