[chirp_users] Problem reading memory on my UV5R

S Allan Wilson
Wed May 25 18:10:03 PDT 2016

I am hoping this gets to the correct thread.

I am using a Prolific Cable to interface with my Rugged Radios RH-5R.  I
think this is a clone of the Baofeng UV5R (?).  I also run Windows 10.
I found a discussion about Code 10 on Family Software
(http://www.ifamilysoftware.com/news37.html). I read this article and
then down loaded the file PL2303_64bit_Installer.exe.  I run this first
and follow onscreen instructions about when to plug in the cable.

This has worked at allowing me to communicate with my radios.

Maybe this will help someone here.

Al Wilson
--
Home is where the RV is

*Home is where the RV is.*

*Our Current Location <http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1487> *

*"OUR MISSION STATEMENT"*

*Life's journey is not to arrive at our grave safely in a well preserved
body, *

*but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting *

*"Holy Crap", what a ride!"*