[chirp_users] Problem reading memory on my UV5R

John LaMartina
Tue May 24 09:58:10 PDT 2016

Jardy hit the nail square on the head.
As a courtesy to users, Windows 10 updates drivers to the latest version.
Unfortunately, this is not what you want with a Prolific cable.
The drivers you need (3.2.0.0) can be found at http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php
Also, the driver does not follow the cable. If you change USB slots, you must also load 3.2.0.0 to the new COM port.

That along with the Latest Daily Build of CHIRP and you should be up and running.
http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/

BTW: Here's an error message link that may assist. http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ErrorMess.php

John
http://www.miklor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com [mailto:chirp_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Bill Skinner
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:39 AM
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Subject: [chirp_users] Problem reading memory onmy UV5R

Hi All
I am back after many months---I want to read the memory on my UV-5R. I am using a USB cable I purchased with the radio (4/20/13). I
follow the instructions but when I try and download from the radio I get a message indicating the program can't read the radio. When
I plug in the cable, the red transmit light turns on. I am using Windows 10---help please.