[chirp_users] Problem with reprogramming Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Jim Unroe
Fri May 20 04:50:29 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Shon Edwards <sre.1966 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Maybe this has been talked about recently, but can't find a post.  I
> programmed my Wouxun KG-UVD1P (1.25M/2M ver.) a couple of years ago and have
> tried to use a newer version of CHIRP to update it.  When that didn't work,
> I used a 3.1 version, got the same error (com port error), but not sure why
> it wouldn't take.
>
> Could anyone please help?  Let me know of any other info you need.
>
> Thx,
>
> Shon, K6QT

This most likely an issue with your programming cable and not CHIRP.

If you are running Windows Vista or above and the programming cable
has a Prolific type USB-to-TTL chip in it, you need to downgrade to a
much older, v3.2.0.0, device driver.

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php