[chirp_users] Kenwood TK-762H

Tim Billingsley
Mon May 16 20:20:53 PDT 2016

On May 16, 2016 08:57, "Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)" <pavelmc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim and everybody,
>
> I had a lot of work recently and was away for a while... and now I'm
paying attention to the new variants of the mobile
QYT/BTECH/Juentai/Sainsonic etc mobiles that are growing like grass in the
spring. (I'm in change of the communication procedures for that also...)

> I will revisit the Kenwood TK-760 driver as soon as I can get free time,
sorry for the delay on solving this.

> 73.

Thanks for all that you and the other developers do!! I am in no big hurry.

> El 15/05/16 a las 03:27, Tim Billingsley escribió:
>>
>> I have a couple of old Kenwood TK-762H transceivers. I see the issue on
http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/3139 but I seem to be having troubles.
When I attempt to read from the radio using TK-762G it appears to read from
the radio then dumps the error dialog "An error has occurred: The radio
doesn't accept program mode"

>> ERROR: -- Exception: --
>> ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/ui/clone.py", line 238,
in run
>>     self.__radio.sync_in()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760g.py", line
884, in sync_in
>>     self._mmap = do_download(self)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760g.py", line
517, in do_download
>>     _open_radio(radio, status)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760g.py", line
478, in _open_radio
>>     raise errors.RadioError("The radio doesn't accept program mode")
>> RadioError: The radio doesn't accept program mode
>>
>> ERROR: ----------------
>> ERROR: Clone failed: The radio doesn't accept program mode
>> ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: The radio doesn't accept program mode ---
>> ERROR: None
>>
>> ERROR: ----------------------------
>>

>> If I attempt using TK-760 chirp attmpts to read and almost immediately
dumps the error dialog saying "An error has occurred Radio refuse to enter
into program mode after a few tries"
>> ERROR: ----------------------------
>> ERROR: -- Exception: --
>> ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/ui/clone.py", line 238,
in run
>>     self.__radio.sync_in()
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760.py", line
411, in sync_in
>>     self._mmap = do_download(self)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760.py", line
255, in do_download
>>     open_radio(radio)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/chirp/drivers/tk760.py", line
227, in open_radio
>>     raise errors.RadioError(msg)
>> RadioError: Radio refuse to enter into program mode after a few tries
>>
>> ERROR: ----------------
>> ERROR: Clone failed: Radio refuse to enter into program mode after a few
tries
>> ERROR: --- Exception Dialog: Radio refuse to enter into program mode
after a few tries ---
>> ERROR: None

>> FWIW I am running
>> CPU~Dual core AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-) speed~1700
MHz (max)

http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/2673 but to no avail.