[chirp_users] BaoFeng UV-5RV2+ unable to download

Rich Messeder
Sun May 15 05:32:17 PDT 2016

On 2016-05-14 19:50:-0700, you wrote:

>Maybe have to plug it in REALLY HARD... as they say...

I recently purchased 2 BaoFeng UV-5RTP.
I purchased "PC03 FTDI Authentic Genuine USB Programming Cable for BaoFeng, Kenwood, Wouxun, AnyTone" by BaoFeng Tech.
It was PnP on Windows 10 Pro x64.
I have been plugging stuff into HTs for decades, and had exactly the same sense of failure when I tried CHIRP the first several times. I even removed it and inserted it several time. Then I read about inserting it "very hard", and wondering just how hard that could be, gave it a strong push. It went in ~ a mm more, and I was good to go. Don't know how to get that word out there more effectively.

It seems to me, after looking at the Service tab, that CHIRP gets everything from the radio.

I think that the default of 0-25 memories might be revisited, because that tripped me up at first, too.

I corrected the spelling of BaoFeng in the subject, concerned that future searches might use the correct spelling, and miss the post. :-) I mistype all the time. Sigh.

~R~ NE1EE

p.s. This cleared up a puzzle for me!
https://baofengtech.com/baofeng-pofung