[chirp_users] Unable to read from QYT KT-8900

Pavel Milanes (CO7WT)
Tue May 10 11:13:10 PDT 2016

The error about "Radio identification failed" rises when Chirp has
managed to talk with the radio (hence the cable is ok) but Chirp is
unable to effectively identify the radio model.

I'm very interested on the debug.log file from chirp after one of this
errors (Search the chirp wiki to know where you can find this file.)

90% of the time this error means that we have a unknown radio variant on
the wild, the solution is to make a serial capture of the
download/upload  process for me to analyze and include it on the current
Chirp version.

Here you can find how to doit: how to portmon.doc
<http://chirp.danplanet.com/attachments/2257/how%20to%20portmon.doc>
past emails on the wiki has useful intel about tricks to run in if you
have 64 bit only systems..

73.