[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-82HP

Lee Houde
Fri Mar 25 11:52:06 PDT 2016

You CAN TEMPORARILY change the power level while in channel mode, but only
for the CURRENT session. On my UV-82 while in channel mode, lock off, if I
press the "#-Lock" key the radio cycles between H-L.  On my UV-82HP while
in channel mode, lock off, if I press the "#-Lock" key the radio cycles
between H-M-L. Both radios were programmed in CHIRP. As previously stated,
this is only a transient power level change. If the channel is changed or
the radio powered off/on the power level reverts back to the power level
programmed for that channel in CHIRP. The power level does NOT revert back
to the programmed setting when transmit is switched  between bands and back
again.