[chirp_users] How to save/upload after sorting the CHIRP rows?

Knight, Dave
Tue Mar 22 17:07:06 PDT 2016

I thought as much, based on the unhelpful response I got to my last query:
"how can I print the entire list of entries" ... "Nope, can't do that.
Just do a screen print."  Which is just a pain, I suppose, unless you've
got more than one screen of entries, then it's a ROYAL PITA!

Regarding save/upload of re-sorted rows, I devised a similar "creative
workaround":

   1 - export the .img to a .csv
   2 - sort by frequency & renumber the rows wit a simple shell script
(attached) and save the output in another .csv file
   3 - import the new .csv file

To sort by a column other then frequency (column number 3), replace the 3s
in *-kn3,3 *in the sort command with the column number by which you want to
sort.  This may be easier for Linux users that the spreadsheet approach.
It would also work in a CYGWIN terminal under windows.

Would it be fair to conclude that requests for new features like a built-in
print capability and a save/upload sorted capability are unlikely to be
implemented?

Thanks,
Dave Knight, K2COE