[chirp_users] help

Jim Unroe
Mon Mar 21 14:34:36 PDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Dave VK2FDJS <vk2fdjs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Almost certainly, you won't be able to load the image file from your old UV-5R into your new BF-F9.
>
> However you should be able to take an image of your new radio, then import the CSV from your old radio into this image in Chirp, then load this back into the radio.
>
> Do remember to make a copy of the image file you create from the new radio, before you make any changes to it.
>
> Regards Dave VK2FDJS

There is no need to export to a CSV and then import the CSV. You can
import the existing UV-5R *.img in the same way that you would import
a *.csv (it is the selection above *.csv when you are choosing what
type of file to import).

I just imported my UV-5R "image" into my BTECH mobile radios last
night and this morning. No CSV file was necessary.