[chirp_users] app crashing with image upload (OSX)

Ted Timmons
Tue Mar 8 17:30:00 PST 2016

I only started using Chirp with the 3/1 build.  I have a Prolific cable and
a UV-5R (with the carrier squelch issue) on my OSX 10.10 box. I'm using the
recommended KK7DS runtime. I installed the 1.6 kext from Prolific, then
after discussion with Jim Unroe I grabbed the 2.0 driver from
mac-usb-serial.com.

When I upload the image that came off my radio, it works fine. When I try
to use a "factory reset" image from Jim Unroe (that he personally supplied
to me), I get a nasty crash. This is NOT the famous "error" reported by
others on a factory reset.

Here's the stacktrace from the crash- there's also a snippet of console log
in there, which doesn't give anything as an ERROR. I can reproduce this
with both the 1.6 and 2.0 drivers (thankfully, they bind to a different
/dev location).

https://gist.github.com/tedder/96c21d0a87c7c343ebdb

What should I do next? The only reference to something similar that I've
found was this, which went off on a different tangent:
http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_devel/2015-August/003511.html

and this, which is for d-rat:
http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/drats_users/2010-February/002828.html

Note I'm still working with Jim to try some images. That doesn't explain
why Chirp is crashing on these.

-ted