[chirp_users] Icom ic-t70

Tom Hayward
Tue Jun 21 10:05:12 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 9:52 AM,  <Adam_K_Collins at graco.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking for help with my ic-t70.
>
> For months I have been trying to get an image file into Chirp.
>
> I have confirmed correct drivers, COM ports, and no faulty cables.  All I
> ever get is "failed to communicate with radio, unexpected response from
> radio."

"Unexpected response" means it did receive something, but that
something wasn't what Chirp identifies as an IC-T70. Your debug log
might tell you more, but since you didn't provide it I'll just go
hunting myself...
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/repository/entry/chirp/drivers/icf.py#L145
It looks like that error comes up when your radio responds to the
clone request with more than one frame of data. What's in that extra
data? Who knows. You might find more in your debug log.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues#Getting-your-debug-log

Tom KD7LXL