[chirp_users] Settings to match Motorola PL tones

Tom Hayward
Wed Jun 8 08:13:55 PDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:58 AM, W Paul Mills <AC0HY at wpmills.com> wrote:

> Sounds like your tone frequencies do not match. Perhaps the Motorola is
> not really on 67 Hz.

I would be more suspicious of the Baofeng being off frequency. I have
heard reports that Baofengs will not work with the DTMF decoders on
some repeaters due to transmitting off-frequency DTMF tones. It would
not surprise me if the CTCSS/PL tone was also off. Motorolas tend to
have very good CTCSS decoders (meaning they'll reject off-frequency
tones), so you're likely to see a problem like this surface more when
using a Motorola than a Baofeng receiver.

Tom KD7LXL